About Women’s Leadership Program (WLP)
“Take Control of your own Success”
Professional Development Foundation (PDF) has collaborated with the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) in the United States of America in North Carolina, founded in 1970 as a non-profit, educational institution focusing only on leadership research and program.
CCL is recognized by the Financial Times as one of the Top 10 providers of executive education in the world. As of to date more than 400,000 have graduated from CCL, According to Business Week Surveys (1999, 2001 & 2003).
• WLP’s goal is to help mid to senior level female managers and leaders to face up today’s challenges. The training content compromises a complete set of effective training tools, which in addition to discussions includes self assessment, working in groups, and individual sessions aimed at introducing the modern woman to concepts of advanced leadership.
• WLP aims at developing women leaders capable of leading public and private institutions and contributing to business growth under the changing competitive world.
The participants will:
• Gain a full and honest picture of their strengths and developmental needs, and develop priorities.
• Develop the leadership skill of giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• Learn strategies for using their power and influence more effectively within their organizations.
• Learn how to overcome their biases and discomforts associated with exercising political know-how.
• Make new choices for investment of personal energy based on an examination of trade-offs and reward.
• Learn how to lead with authenticity, clarifying personal values and their fit within the organizational culture.
• Assessment for Development.
• Interactive: Variety of Learning Formats.
• Discussions, simulations, assessments, group activities, practice sessions, individual coaching, small group activities.
• High level of personal and organizational impact.
• Results in action planning for further development in one’s life.
The program’s approach considers the participant’s whole self, not just the business persona; it’s a self mirror image program and self reflection program. The program employs a variety of learning methods, including discussions, assessments, small group practice sessions, peer feedback, team learning activities, and a one-to-one coaching session. A videotaped session helps individuals better understand their influencing skills. Not a type of “sit & listen’ type of program; very interactive and very practical.
WLP is designed for and staffed by women, staffed by 2 senior CCL trainers and 6 CCL feedback coaches.
Value to Participants
The WLP has been designed to bring the powerful assessment and feedback elements delve issues and perceptions surrounding women’s leadership and work experiences. The perspective of the program will enable participants to work across organizational boundaries, increased focus of participant’s work group on goals and strategy. Also improve self-awareness and self-confidence that each participant will be able to understand their challenges and discuss possible solutions needed for change. The program enhance participant to build and maintain productive relationships with other work groups in his organization.
Senior & Potential Women Leaders who want to strengthen their leadership effectiveness through a feedback – intense learning experience.
Each participant will have to:
• Complete a detailed application form
• Sponsored or appointed by his/her organization.
• Assign 3-4 raters to complete Benchmarks 360 instrument online 8 weeks before starting the program.
Duration: 5 days
Venue: 5 Stars Hotel, Cairo
Average class capacity: 20 – 25 participants.
Classes are selected to ensure a diversity of companies and sectors.
N.B.: WLP is funded by the Industrial Training Council (ITC)