In light of this increasing role played by the NGOs sector in Egypt & out of its strong belief in the importance of the Civil Society as a catalyst for development, Professional Development Foundation launched its NGOs Portal to better serve the civil society sector and to facilitate the NGOs mission in supporting Egypt.
The NGOs Portal represents PDF's strategic response to the challenges facing the local NGO sector. It is the culmination of its years of experience of working in the civil society.
To view the NGOs Portal, please refer to www.NGOsportal.org
The NGOs Portal provides a gateway to the Egyptian NGO sector. Its main objectives are:
- One stop shop carrying all the resources needed for the civil society
- Developing the organizational capacity of the NGO sector
- Promoting the idea of sharing knowledge/experiences among NGOs
- Proactively create a better positive communication environment.
- Profiling NGOs with their activities
- The most comprehensive database of its kind in Egypt
- Create a community space for civil society exchange
- Promote the benefits of ICTs through the Software Donation Program
- Develop a supportive, controlled and attractive online environment
The portal provides NGOs with a mechanism to air their views, while also creating the opportunity for other stakeholders to critique and evaluate the sector. It will become a marketplace where services can be procured and exchanged. It also provides PDF with a strategic mechanism to communicate its activities and services to the NGO sector and other development stakeholders. NGOs Portal provides a gateway to the NGO sector in Egypt, raising the profile of Egyptian NGOs locally, and supporting the process of repositioning and strengthening the sector in response to the development challenges facing Egypt.