1st Excellence Award: 150,000 L.E.
2nd Excellence Award: 100,000 L.E.
3rd Excellence Award: 75,000 L.E.
4th Excellence Award: 50,000 L.E.
1- Excellence Award:
The excellence award is a PDF initiative aiming at developing and supporting the civil society sector with an emphasis on providing the right measures to upgrade their professional and administrative capabilities as well as motivating innovation, and NGOs promotion of core competencies before the private sector entities thus supporting the substantial projects in the areas of development to contribute in social problems solving.
• The excellence award is an annual award
• Annually, the award theme will be announced taking into account the diversity of topics with a view on the continuing support for the efforts of excellence in various development areas
• The award themes will annually focus on the projects targeting social problems and contributing to the development process
• Awards will be handed over to NGOs winning representatives in an annual celebration where NGOs representatives, development experts and public figures interested in development topics are all invited
2- NGOs Award 2019 Winners:
- First place: Bardawil Treasures Association - North Sinai Governorate
- Second Place: Nida Society for Children Rehabilitation - Cairo Governorate
- Third place: National Heart Institute Fellows Association - Giza Governorate
- Fourth place: Bedaya Association for Charitable Activities - Giza Governorate
3- Award objectives:
- Improving the civil society institutions capacity and motivating the NGOs to highlight the best practices in the areas of development, thus contributing to the private sector fundraisers’ better insights
- Supporting exceptional NGOs aimed at human development and community development
- Promoting experiences exchange and motivating innovation for social problems solving
- Highlighting the NGOs’ capacity in successful project management
4- Award Topic:
- In recognition of the great role that civil society organizations play in supporting Egyptian society and families affected by recent events, the Award's fifth edition is launched under the title "Facing Community Crises", to shed light on the efforts that NGOs are currently exerting in facing societal crises such as the Coronavirus crisis.
5- Award Categories:
- First place - a certificate of Excellence and a grant of EGP 150,000.
- Second place - Certificate of Excellence and a grant of EGP 100,000
- Third place - Certificate of Excellence and a grant of EGP 75,000.
- Fourth place - a certificate of excellence and a grant of EGP 50,000.
- Excellence certificates and webinars for 5 NGOs.
An award for the best NGO in spreading awareness about its project - Certificate of Excellence and a grant of EGP 20,000.
The winning NGOs must obtain a minimum score of 80% in the evaluation of the judging committees
6- Targeted NGOs:
The award will be offered to all Egyptian NGOs that comply with the following selection criteria:
- The NGO must be registered at the Ministry of Social Solidarity in accordance with the provisions of the NGOs Law and has an approved internal bylaw.
- The NGO must have a fixed location to conduct its activities (title deed, lease contract, appropriation approval, or usufruct).
- Three years have passed since the association or civil institution was declared and it has at least one approved budget.
- The NGO is committed to spending the grant money on projects or programs related to human development only.
- Development is the most important axis of activities of the NGO.
- The NGO has a financial audit report for the last two years.
- The NGO must have permanent employment (minimum 5 workers)>
- The NGO must have previous projects.
- The NGO must complete all the documents required to apply for the award.
7- Applying for the NGOs Award of Excellence:
a. Create an account on the Excellence Award website
NGOs wishing to apply for the NGOs Award of Excellence must register for the award by creating an account on the Award's website through the following link, before the end of the Award registration period http://www.ngos-award.com/ngos
- Attending the online Orientation Sessions
Once the registration period for the award ends, Professional Development Foundation invites the Award applicants to attend an orientation session through the Zoom Meeting Application, provided that Professional Development Foundation sends applicants all information on how to use Zoom Meeting Application in order to avoid personal interviews and gatherings
- Submit the required documents on the specified date
The applicant NGOs must upload the required documents on their account on the NGOs Award of Excellence website and provide all the documents required to qualify for the award on the date announced in the announcement of the award and on the award's website.
- Judging Committees Interviews "online"
The internal committee stage begins as soon as the documents submission stage is completed, and the award team communicates with the applicant NGOs to determine the dates for the judging committees’ interviews. Applicant NGOs will make presentations before the jury through the Zoom Meeting Application, provided that Professional Development Foundation sends all information about how to use Zoom Meeting Application to avoid personal interviews and gatherings.
For more details and information about the NGOs Award of Excellence 5th Edition, and the documents required to apply, please download the Award Guide.