About Oracle Scholarship
The program grants Oracle certificates which are in demand in the business field that help applicants enhance their skills as well as find job opportunities in both the Egyptian and Middle East Markets. The educational tracks are given in both Oracle Technology and Oracle e-Business.
The Program aims to enhance the caliber of IT Professionals by providing practitioners in the field with the opportunity to excel on an international level through Oracle training. The program is reinforced and deemed necessary by the market needs for professionals in the IT field that will greatly aid Egypt in its move towards an international expert market.
This is achieved by selecting a number of IT professionals who will be enrolled in Oracle Technology tracks that consist of highly specialized IT courses and integrated business skills courses.These individuals will acquire the essential knowledge and skills that allow them to pass Oracles exam and obtain a highly required IT industrial certificate as well as all the required skills that will allow them to compete in today's demanding job market.
1. Oracle 10g: Java Programming
- Introducing the Java and Oracle Platforms
- Defining Object Oriented Principles
- Basic Java Syntax and Coding Conventions
- Exploring Primitive Data Types and Operators
- Controlling Program Flow
- Building Java Using Oracle JDeveloper
- Creating Classes and Objects
- Class Loading, Object Life Cycle and Inner Classes
- Using Strings, String Buffer, Wrapper and formatting Classes
- Reusing Code with Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Using Arrays and Collections
- Structuring Code Using Abstract Classes and Interfaces
- Throwing and Catching Exceptions
- User Interface Design: Planning a Form Layout
- Adding User Interface Components and Event Handling
- Accessing the Database with JDBC
- Deploying Applications Using Java Web Start
- J2EE Overview
- Architecting J2EE Applications
- Creating the web tier: Servlets
- Access the database with Servlets
- Utilizing additional Servlet techniques
- Maintaining state within J2EE Applications
- Creating the web tier: JavaServer Pages
- Modularizing JavaServer Pages Development with Tags
- Communication in J2EE
- Creating the business tier: Enterprise Java Beans
- Implementing business tasks with Session EJBs
- Managing persistent data in the business tier: Entity EJBs
- Achieving State Management in the Business Tier
- Specifying Relationships in CMP Entity beans
- Creating Message Driven Beans
- Integrating J2EE Components
- Distributing Modular Applications: Introduction to Web Services
- Distributing Modular Applications: Developing Web Services
- Implementing Security in J2EE Applications
- Application Development Framework
- The ADF Development Process
- Getting Started with ADF Business Components
- Building the Business Logic
- Exposing Business Data
- Adding Custom Validation
- Providing for Efficient Queries
- Making the Model Secure
- Controlling an Application with Struts
- Building ADF View Components
- Customizing Actions
- Using ADF Struts Components
- Adding Validation and Error Handling
- Enhancing the User Interface
- Adding JAAS Security to the Client
- Building ADF UIX View Components
- Deploying an ADF Application
Oracle Database 10g
1. Administration Workshop I
- Installing Oracle Database 10g Software
- Create an Oracle Database
- Database interfaces
- Controlling the database
- Storage Structures
- Administering users
- Managing Schema Objects
- Managing Data
- Oracle Database Security
- Oracle Net Services
- Oracle Shared Server
- Performance Monitoring
- Proactive Maintenance: Objectives
- Undo Management
- Monitoring and Resolving Lock Conflicts
- Backup and Recovery Concepts
- Database backups
- Database Recovery
2. Administration Workshop II
- Using Globalization Support
- Securing the Oracle Listener
- Configuring Recovery Manager
- Using Recovery Manager
- Diagnostic Sources
- Recovering from non-critical losses
- Database Recovery
- Flashback database
- Recovering from User Errors
- Dealing with Database Corruption
- Automatic Database Management
- Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Automatic Storage Management
- Monitoring and Managing Memory
- Managing Resources
- Automating Tasks with the Scheduler
The Career Development component provides the student with the proper tools required to compete in todays demanding job market.
Through presentation skills, students are able to effectively communicate ideas in an organized, professional manner.
In the Business Correspondence component, students will be able to understand the importance of effective channels of communication.
The communication skills course will be demonstrating the importance of communication skills needed and the tools to be effectively used inside and outside the organization emphasizing the different types of communication and the proper use of each.
This course will explore the art of negotiation; it involves the negotiation tactics as well as persuasion skills catered to realize the importance of negotiation and the objectives related to the deliverables of this function taking in consideration the Win-Win situation.
- Applicants must be Egyptian nationals.
Applicants must have a working knowledge of the English language.
Applicants should be graduated at least with grade Goodand preferably those with 2 years technical working experience in the IT field.
All male applicants must have an acceptable military status.
All applicants will be required to undertake and pass IT and IQ written examinations designed for these programs.
Applicants must be fully committed to a minimum of 20 hours/week of classroom/lab training (from 5-10 pm).
Any student who misses 10% of the required number of hours per course will be disqualified for graduation.